Calling All Superheroes!
A Message from Burnaby Meals on Wheels, Burnaby Seniors Outreach and Burnaby Community Services.
We are looking for 40 enthusiastic Superheroes to join our float in Burnaby's Hats Off Parade on Saturday, June 1 2019. The theme of our float will be Superheroes for Seniors!
As a Superhero, you will:
Ask your family, friends and coworkers for pledges in order to raise necessary funds for programs that support seniors in North Burnaby.
Walk in the Hats off Parade, dressed up as a superhero of your choice (either an existing one or one that you create).
- It would be a bonus if your superhero power benefited seniors. For example, Captain Visible's superpower is to help senors, who are often ignored, feel visible again.
- Ask your family, friends and co-workers for pledges in order to raise necessary funds for programs that support seniors in North Burnaby.
Our overall fundraising goal is $20,000. This will help us:
- Start up a new dementia-friendly cafe in the Burnaby Heights neighbourhood.
- Expand our seniors transportation program to also take seniors to non-medical appointments.
- Subsidize nutritious meals for seniors living with low income, as well as deliver it to them.
- Provide lunch companions to isolated seniors.
- Train peer counselors and outreach volunteers to support other seniors and help remove barriers.
Together, our programs, services and publications bring support and dignity to seniors in our community who can often be ignored or left behind as they age. If every superhero raises $500 in pledges, then we will meet our goal!
WE NEED YOU!
Call 604-292-3903 or